Saturday, February 12, 2011

#24- gain a new perspective

i also like to call this one "no more pity parties." everyone has problems and that's just how it is. but, it's true that happiness is a choice and i am supremely guilty of making the wrong choice at times. within the past year i've tried to change my outlook on life but it hasn't always worked...actually it's pretty cyclical. sometimes i'm just in a "woe is me" mood that may last for a couple of weeks. and sometimes i'm in a "life is lovely" mood that could also last for a couple of weeks. the truth is, i have it pretty nice. instead of thinking "argh, i have to go to work" i really want to start thinking "oh, i GET to go to work!" and i GET to go to school, and i GET to put food on the table and i GET to pay a mortgage and i GET to have a new car payment and i GET to do a ton of other things that may seem like a pain sometimes, but i am really lucky to get to do them. so many people are in dire straights these days with work, money, food, and life in general. my job, although sometimes frustrating, has enabled us to buy a house, buy a car, put food on the table, and allowed me to get into grad school. i should be more thankful for that. granted, i'm not expecting to be susy sunshine everyday (i'm not trying to set myself up for failure!), but i hope that tweaking my perspective just a little bit will allow me to be happier in general, and then to pay that happiness forward.

this is me not having a pity party:

No comments: